Lavender 40/42 essential oil has a beautiful, deep lavender scent, which is extremely fragrant. "40/42"means that the product contains 40 to 42% of linalyl acetate. Linalyl acetate is a naturally occurring substance compound found in plants and flowers. This is added to maintain consistency in the scent.
Lavender 40/42 is highly preferred over other lavender types, as the majority feel that this type of essential oil is the most natural smelling and also the most desirable for use in soap, lotion making and other bath & beauty products, as well as potpourri and candles
Following are historical uses of this oil and have not been evaluated by FDA. See 'Terms & Conditions' for full disclosure.
- Disinfectant that aids in acne relief
- Relief of dry skin and scalp
- Repels bugs; kills lice
- Aids in insomnia
- Pain relief of sore muscles, sprains, bruising
- Helpful in hair rejuvenation
- Promotes blood circulation
- Restores hormonal balance
- Calms and relaxes
- Quiets the mind
- Improves ability to combat stress
- Stimulates mental function
- Flash point: 156°F
- Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia (formerly officinalis)
- Country Of Origin: France
- Method Of Extraction: Steam distillation
- Blends well with bergamot, cedarwood, citronella, clary sage, lemon, sweet orange, peppermint and pine.